As the Coordinator of Patient Flow, you wil serve a liaison to physicians, admitting staff, and care coordination teams to promote optimal patient care. You will facilitate patient admission, discharge, intra-hospital and inter-facility transfer processes through clinical triage.
- Promotes optimum utilization of hospital beds. Conducts rounds and meets with staff regarding bed availability and current census. Assigns patients to available beds to avoid delays in patient arrival to units.
- Assists with and ensures admission paperwork is complete, and ensures hand-off of communication to accepting nurse.
- Ensures beds are assigned based on level of care and patient aggregation. Addresses and resolves issues arising from increased census and decreased bed availability.
- Promotes patient, family and physician satisfaction regarding bed assignments. Addresses and resolves conflict regarding dissatisfaction with bed assignments.
- Assesses and monitors the discharge of patients based on completed discharge orders. Intervenes when delays in discharge process are identified relating to patient transport, and bed turnover.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited program within 24 months of employment and obtain a BSN degree within five (5) years of employment date.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in an acute care setting, including experience with bed assignment and admissions process, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.