The Al Sabah Arrythmia Institute's mission is to provide outstanding arrhythmia care, offer physician and patient education and train tomorrow's specialists, while conducting ongoing research to clarify the mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias and develop improved methods for diagnosis and treatment. With a diverse team of world-renowned physicians and researchers specializing in arrhythmias, the Institute has created an environment of intellectual collaboration and medical advancement that continues to attract and retain leaders in the field to assure excellent patient care and groundbreaking research.
Full Time Nurse Practitioner
Cardiology Stress Lab
St. Lukes Hospital (Mount Sinai Health System)
5days/wk, 8:00 am 4:00 pm
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a member of a designated care team and collaborates and coordinates with other team members, including the clinical cardiology fellows and cardiology attendings, in planning patient care activities. The NP directs the management of patient care for all patients under the care of the collaborating physician.The cardiovascular nurse practitioners’ responsibilities include:
· Triaging of patients for the appropriateness of the ordered cardiac imaging study, including but not limited to stress echocardiograms, nuclear stress tests, and transesophageal echocardiograms (TEE).
· Consenting patient for stress echocardiograms, nuclear stress tests, and TEE, and contrast echo
· Complete necessary associated paperwork
· Setting up and preparing patients for stress echocardiograms, nuclear stress tests, and TEE
· Taking patient's vital signs and documenting care in a medical record.
· ECG Reading and Interpretation Required.
· Familiarity with patient care equipment, including monitoring and placement of peripheral intravenous lines,
· Medications Rendered: Multiple cardiac drugs by mouth and intravenously
· Preparation and administration of medication drips, including dobutamine
· Preparation and injection of intravenous contrast agents
· Administering and monitoring of procedural sedation, including coordination with anesthesia during TEE
· Supervision of stress echocardiogram (with treadmill, dobutamine, and regadenoson)
· Doing TEE with the attendings, both in the echo labs and portable echocardiograms, including but not limited to the critical care units and EP labs.
· Post-procedure observation.
· Entering and dictating reports after the completion of the study
· Co-ordinate with the cardiology fellows for cardiac imaging educational activities, including teaching conferences and presentation of cases
· Participates in unit committees, staff meetings, and attend educational activities and conferences affiliated with the department
· Helping with data collection and entry for clinical research
· Participating in patient education during and after the imaging studies.
· Ability to provide support to patient, family members and visitors in order to enhance comfort and security.
· Computer skills
· Effective communication and interpersonal/behavioral skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
· Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
· Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem-solving model
Requirements: Valid NYS NP and RN license and registration, valid DEA, MSN, BLS and ACLS certified required. At least three years of experience in Cardiology Card Cath Lab and Echo.
Mount Sinai Health System is comprised of seven campuses and a school of medicine; Beth Israel Medical Center, Beth Israel of Brooklyn, St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospitals, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai of Queens and the Icahn School of Medicine.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining the most skilled and caring professionals for our patients. We do this by investing in our employees, offering them a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, 403 (b) retirement and tuition reimbursement programs, and much, much more.
We have also made it a priority to develop diversity initiatives that encourage a welcoming workplace environment. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our associates feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background or sexual orientation.