RN Critical Access - Emergency Department (Per-Diem) Job
Date:Sep 6, 2014
Location:Friday Harbor, WA, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Emergency PIMC (3200)
The RN Critical Access is a team member who provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. This position will cover Emergency as well as inpatient unit.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. May coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers; communicates and prioritizes, and provides for patient privacy, exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times.
3. Works collaboratively and professionally with the physicians and Director in the delivery of patient care and problem solving within the department.
4. Assures continuous patient care including, but not limited to, overseeing the stocking of supplies, medications, and patient care items; staff breaks and lunches; timeliness of patient flow throughout the department and ancillary departments.
5. Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives through gathering of data, staff education and monitoring utilizing the tools recommend by the organization.
6. Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
7. Will be required to perform patient transport functions.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in Urgent Care or Emergency Department setting. Including leadership responsibilities required.
Demonstrated competency to perform procedures as required.
**This is a per diem position; additional compensation paid for per diem status**
**Prefer to have RN live on Friday Harbor**
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Washington.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
Location: Friday Harbor, WA
Posting Notes: Friday Harbor, WA || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || EMERGENCY SVCS