PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join the Emergency Department as a RN Inpatient.
This position is 30 hrs/wk and is a 10hr 1700-0330 shift with occassional 1800-0230 shifts for coverage.
It does not have a set master pattern- vacation coverage position.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, complex med/surg, pediatric, and multiple trauma patients. Demonstrated competence area of expertise.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Washington.
- American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- American Heart Association ACLS certification is required within 6 months of hire.
- TNCC within 12 months of date of hire
- ENPC within 12 months of date of hire
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
Location:St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $29.42
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; ENPC; Registered Nurse - Washington; Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || EMERGENCY SVCS