Responsible for conducting childbirth classes for our hospital based program. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Prepared Childbirth and may teach Newborn Care, Preparation for Cesarean Birth and Breastfeeding. Serves as an "ambassador" of The Mount Sinai Hospital by promoting and supporting positive perceptions of the maternity services provided.
1. Teaching childbirth education to diverse patient group
2. Responsible for accurate content, class management and use of audio/visual materials, adapting when necessary to meet the needs of the expectant family.
3. Performs other related duties
*-indicates duty is "essential" as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
* Professional Childbirth Educator certification required for teaching the childbirth classes.
* IBCLC or CLC certification required for teaching prenatal breastfeeding classes
* Previous teaching experience with knowledge and skills in applying the principles of adult education preferred.
* Ability to use various teaching aids and equipment as necessary to perform job duties.