Occupational Therapist - Home Health Job
Date:Oct 21, 2014
Location:Eugene, OR, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Home Health (6000)
Exciting Opportunity for an On-Call Home Health Occupational Therapist!
TheHome Health Occupational Therapistperforms initial evaluation of patient/home and applies criteria to determine if patient is a safe candidate for home care/hospice occupational therapy services. The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan of care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Occupational Therapy. Provides oversight to therapy assistants and students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works collaboratively as a part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for patients.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, and observation and team members.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients.
- May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Mentors and provides oversight to new caregivers, occupational therapy assistants, and therapy aides.
- Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION:Bachelors, Master's degree from an Occupational Therapy program accredited by the Accreditation Council of Occupational Therapy required.|
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:Current state license as an Occupational Therapist required. Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
EXPERIENCE:Two years minimum experience as an Home Health Occupational Therapist.
OTHER SKILLS:Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment. Ability to assess patient's condition and exercise independent judgment.
Location:Home Health (406)
Job Category: PT, OT, Speech Therapy
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $30.77
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Occupational Therapist - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || PT, OT, Speech Therapy || Per Diem/Relief || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
Nearest Major Market:Eugene
Job Segment:Home Care, Medical, Patient Care, Clinic, Occupational Therapy, Healthcare