Physical Therapist - Home Health Job
Date:Jun 21, 2014
Location:Eugene, OR, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Home Health (6000)
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstandingPHYSICAL THERAPISTto join our Home Health team! This is a per diem, day shift position.
TheHome Health Physical Therapistis responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan-of-care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients, supervising assistants and aides and students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, and observation and team members.
- Provides individualized therapy treatment in accordance with plan of care.
- May assist in the orientation of new caregivers and on-going in-service training and determine the qualifications and competence of department/services personnel who provide patient care services and who are not licensed independent practitioners.
- Makes recommendations for relative content and scope of services and develop/implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Makes recommendations relative to the acquisition of new equipment and needs for space. Participates with the manager in developing the annual budget.
- Recommends and develops new services and programs in collaboration with staff.
- Shares expertise with other health care professionals. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to ensure smooth, continuous care of patients. Acts as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staff to facilitate problem solving, coordination of services and acts as an educational resource.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely and within professional standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
- MS degree in Physical Therapy is preferred.
- Home Health require two years experience in an inpatient setting, with home health/geriatric experience preferred.
- General knowledge of field and ability to utilize library resource appropriately
- Previous experience as a Physical Therapist is preferred.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapist license from the state Physical Therapy Licensing Board specific to location of practice.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patient's condition and exercise independent judgment to implement life-sustaining action
Location:Home Health (406)
Job Category: PT, OT, Speech Therapy
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $30.77
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Physical Therapist - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || PT, OT, Speech Therapy || Per Diem/Relief || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
Nearest Major Market:Eugene
Job Segment:Home Care, Medical, Geriatric, Patient Care, Physical Therapy, Healthcare