Mechanical Circulatory Support Coordinator Job
Date:Aug 18, 2014
Location:Bellingham, WA, US
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Cardiovascular Admin (7120)
HOURS PER PAY PERIOD:80
To oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of all aspects of care for patients with a mechanical circulator device in collaboration with the CT Surgery Medical Director; to coordinate and manage the patient care of this high-risk patient population throughout the continuum to optimize the patient's clinical, functional, and psychosocial status; to provide the communication link for coordination of care among the multidisciplinary health care team involved with this patient type, to work with the CT Surgery Medical Director in orchestrating a performance improvement program that focuses on continually improving the outcomes of these patients; to provide leadership and mentorship to the MCS Practitioners and Patient Care Departments through application of advanced clinical and experiential skills.
1. Manages the care of the high-risk mechanical circulatory support (MCS) patient population across the continuum (acute care inpatient, within the home, physician office, clinic and extended care facilities) in collaboration with CT Surgeons, Heart Failure Cardiologists, and other members of the multidisciplinary team. This involves advanced assessment, planning and coordination of care, modification of the treatment plan as indicated, and the monitoring and evaluation of outcomes.
2. Provides clinical consultation and education related to the management and care of the complex cardiac surgical patient and MCS devices for staff, physicians as well as other disciplines who may have contract or care responsibilities for this population.
3. In collaboration with the Director, oversees performance improvement activities associated with MCS patients to improve patient outcomes.
4. Develops a therapeutic relationship with the MCS patient and family and maximizes the patient's participation and control in their own recovery. Facilitates the access and utilization of community resources and organizations to assist in patient's recovery.
5. Oversees and provides education to acute care staff (ED, OR, ICU, Peri-Operative Services and Patient Care Units, etc)
6. Teaches and provides reinforcement for MCS patients and their families on how to care for themselves and provide feedback on their progress.
7. Provides leadership skills such as time management, coordinating and meeting multiple patient and family needs and requests, meeting physician and team member expectations, setting priorities and networking
8. Serves as the liaison and communication link between MCS patients and their families with the primary care providers, specialists, community organizations, patient care services, and volunteer programs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || NP, PA, CNM, CRNA; Nursing - RN Patient Care; Professionals - Clinical || Full Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN