Home Health Aide Job
Date:Aug 18, 2014
Location:Eugene, OR, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Home Health (6000)
PeaceHealth has a per diem, day shift opportunity to join the Home Health Department as a
Home Health Aide!
This position is responsible for performing personal care and household delegated tasks for home health/hospice patients and providing limited nursing care and therapy services to the patients under the clinical supervision of a registered nurse and may receive guidance from a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist as outlined in the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
- Perform patient care duties/tasks as outlined on the patient specific home health/hospice care plan.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; change non-sterile dressings; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; assist patient with taking oral medications as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may including: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; assistance with bed pans and/or urinals; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed. May assist with use of special equipment (i.e. walker, wheelchair, cane).
- Assist with meal preparations and/or feeding, change bed linen and perform light housekeeping when outlined on the patient's care plan.
- Provide accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Takes prompt action in response to changes in patient's health condition and notifies registered nurse/ therapist case manager and/or Patient Care Manager in a timely manner.
- Provides services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population; and given area of clinical specialty, skills and training, may also provide services to pediatric population.
- Effectively communicates with patients, caregivers, RN/therapist case manager, Patient Care Manager and other members of the inter/multidisciplinary team to assure an appropriate, quality and smooth flow of are/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provides accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of two years CNA and or Home Health Aide experience in a nursing home, hospital or home care setting required.
- Home Health experience is preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- Current Oregon CNA license.
- Home Health Aide certification as required by Federal Regulations for Medicare certified Home Care providers will be required within a set period of time from date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- 'Valid Oregon driver's license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Ability to care for patients in a wide variety of environments
- 'Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
Location:Home Health (406)
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $13.05
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant - Oregon; Drivers License; Home Health Aid - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || CNA/LPN/MA || Per Diem/Relief || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
Nearest Major Market:Eugene
Job Segment:Home Care, Medical, Housekeeping, Clinic, Patient Care, Healthcare