Additional Job Information
Title: Clin Nursing Manager RN
City, State: Austin,TX
Location: Seton Medical Center Austin
Department: Surgery 001
Additional Job Details: FT Rotating
Seton Healthcare Family offers rewarding and diverse career opportunities, superior benefits and excellent options for personal growth. Seton is always looking for dedicated and skilled individuals willing to share their hearts with those we serve.
The Seton Healthcare Family, a member of Ascension Health, is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county population of 1.8 million. The network includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, several strategically located health facilities that provide medical care for well patients and three primary care clinics for the uninsured. Four out of every ten overnight patients in the region receive their care at a Seton facility.
With more than 13,000 associates, Seton is the largest private employer in Central Texas and the only not-for-profit organization among the top 25 employers in the Austin area. In addition, Seton is home to four Magnet nursing facilities-University Medical Center Brackenridge, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, Seton Medical Center and Seton Northwest Hospital.
Austin is in the heart of the beautiful Texas hill country-only a few hours from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Enjoy a mild climate, affordable housing and no state income tax! Plus you'll have the chance to be part of a friendly city that offers something for everyone: lively nightlife, recreational activities, colleges & universities, lakes and family-oriented fun. Rich in history, cultural diversity, natural beauty and a vibrant blend of professions, Austin is a cosmopolitan city with a down-home feel. Whatever you like, Central Texas has something to offer.
Apply online attoday. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
CAREERS at Seton… Not just a living… It’s a way of life!
Job Opening ID: 17043 - Clinical Nursing Manager RN / Registered Nurse / SMCA / Surgery / Full-Time
The largest of our surgical facilities, the Operating Room at Seton Medical Center Austin routinely runs 21 out of 29 available ORs, Averaging 60-65 cases per day.
Specialties include: Ortho, Spine, Neuro, General, Open Hearts, Heart Transplants, robotic, other complex surgical cases.
The OR manager works under the direction of the OR Director. This OR Manager will work in tandem with an additional site OR Manager in supporting service lines. This position will work closely with the service line supervisors (4) over ortho/spine, general surgery, cardiovascular, ENT, Neuro, etc. This manager will have oversight of approximately 50-60 FTE and will co manage the department.
The Clin Nursing Manager RN manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s).
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget.
- Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
Education & Experience:
- Five (5) total years of experience is required to include three (3) years of successful nursing experience and two (2) years of successful leadership experience, demonstrating leadership within processes and within service areas, on interdisciplinary teams, representative participation in Councils or Congress, and continuous upward movement in career.
- Three (3) years of equivalent non-nursing management experience may substitute for one (1) year of clinical nursing experience (successful nursing experience must be full time).
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher nursing degree is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Nurse Executive-Board Certified is preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.