Mount Sinai Health System is a leader in groundbreaking research, education and compassionate clinical care. When you join Mount Sinai, you become an integral member of a collegial team of health care professionals that pioneer a unique spirit and bring nursing career possibilities to life.
- Pediatric Oncology/Hematology -
The Nurse Practitioner will provide Pediatric Oncology/Hematology expertise as well as clinical program management for the provision of acute/primary health care to patients in accordance with written policies approved by nursing and medical administration.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a collaborative practice agreement in the specific clinical area and performing a periodic review of the collaborative agreement
- Initiating selected comprehensive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examinations, prescribing and altering medication regimens, interpreting findings and altering plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area of Pediatric Oncology
- Assessing the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination
- Providing education and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses
- Documenting findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record
- Consulting with physicians and members of the health care team as established in the collaborative practice agreement
- Initiating referrals to specialty services and fostering continuity of care
- Participating in team meetings and conferences to enhance an interdisciplinary approach to acute/primary health care delivery
- Performing a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
To qualify, you must have a Master’s Degree from an accredited Nursing Program, have a NYS RN License, and possess current NYS NP credentials along with Certification/Training in Pediatrics. The Nurse Practitioner/ Specialty Coordinator should have clinical Pediatric Oncology/Hematology experience and possess the ability to perform physical assessment techniques and be able to apply principles of nursing research utilization and monitor and report on outcomes and trends.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration package, along with an opportunity to join our world class organization. For consideration, please email resume to: email@example.com
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans