At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Internal Medicine (4100)
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
1. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient history and vital signs.
2. Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
3. Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
4. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
5. May transport specimens.
6. May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
7. May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
8. May provide phone assessment of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
9. Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
• Minimum of one year experience in a medical office preferred.
• Current National certification for Medical Office Assistant or Medical Assistant, or must receive certification within 12 months from the hire date.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
• Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
• Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
• Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment
• Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Understand the principles of asepsis.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
• Current certification for Medical Office Assistant or Medical Assistant is preferred, not required at this time.
• After certification, training and verification of competency, Medical Assistants will be allowed to give injections.
Location: Ketchikan, AK
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at:$14.78
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Ketchikan, AK || CNA/LPN/MA || Per Diem/Relief || FAMILY PRACTICE SVCS