Nurse Practitioner General- Occupational Medicine Job
Date:Jun 7, 2014
Location:Longview, WA, US
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Workplace Wellness (4190)
If you're looking for a career in health care that engages your heart and spirit as well as your mind, apply at PeaceHealth.
About St. John’s Medical Center
St. John Medical Center 200-beds, Level III . All extensive pelvic fractures and head/neuro trauma are shipped to PHSW or OHSU. Catchment area is 150,000.
About Longview, WA
Family oriented community of 57,000. Interactive and involved medical and local community – state of the art hospital. Many people come here for the outdoor lifestyle from the mountains to the Pacific Ocean. Lower Columbia College (two years) located here with beautiful performing arts center. Columbia Theatre for the performing arts.
Lifestyle, community, 40 minutes south to Portland International Airport / 45 minutes south to downtown Portland, OR, 1 hour west to Pacific Ocean; 45 minutes east to Mt St Helens, 1.5 hours to Mt Hood, White Pass and Mt Rainier for skiing and hiking. 2 hrs north to downtown Seattle. Located on Columbia River and two other rivers - multiple lakes for year round fishing and summer boating/swimming.
Within scope of practice and in alignment with both hospital staff bylaws and PHMGs physician supervision expectations, responsible for advanced level of nursing evaluation, clinical assessment, prescribing and monitoring medications and follow-up care for patient. Responsible for patient and family teaching.
1. Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
2. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
3. Gives directions to nursing and other staff.
4. Prescribes medications and treatments and ongoing medication management. Orders lab and diagnostic tests when appropriate and interprets test results.
5. Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
6. Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals and consultations according to established standards.
7. Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of Accredited School offering an Advanced Degree in Nurse Practice (ARNP) required.
• MSN in related field preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
• Licensed to practice in the state as a Nurse Practitioner
• ANCC certification required. (ACNP; AANP, FNP or GNP)
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• ACLS is preferred in some settings.
• Have national prescriptive drug privileges with a DEA number.
• Current Driver’s License and insurance required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patient, families, nursing staff, and other departments.
• Personal responsibility for ongoing educational growth, and collaborating with others to provide solutions for continued patient quality.
PeaceHealth is a financially strong organization and offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including health coverage, retirement plan, CME reimbursement and relocation assistance.
Please visit our website: www.peacehealth.org
Location: Longview, WA
Posting Notes: Longview, WA || NP, PA, CNM, CRNA || Full Time || WELLNESS SVCS