The Brooklyn Heights Clinical Manager is responsible for administering, directing, planning and coordinating all staff and activities at the Medical Office. Works collaboratively with the Medical Group physicians to ensure high quality, cost effective and accessible patient care services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages daily operations at Medical Offices and coordinates the work activities and schedules.
2. Manages personnel and /or activities at the Medical Office including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, training, counseling, evaluation, disciplining and terminating in conformance with organizational policies and procedures.
3. Administers office policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner.
4. Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary.
5. Identifies, analyzes and resolves work related problems and issues.
6. Develops operating and capital equipment budgets in conjunction with medical staff and appropriate administrative staff. Monitors compliance with established approved budgets, ensuring effective staff and resource utilization.
7. Manages office billing procedures, including but not limited to, patient registration, encounter processing and reconciliation, and charge entry. Works collaboratively with the Billing Department mangers and staff to ensure timely and accurate bill processing and payment.
8. Manages relationships with outside vendors to ensure contract compliance and effective levels of support.
9. Maintains the Medical Office facility. Oversees and recommends improvements including renovations, expansion and purchase of equipment.
10. Works collaboratively and actively communicates with other Office Managers and administrative personnel to ensure maximum organizational efficiency and productivity.
11. Responds to patient concerns. Promotes quality patient care and service.
12. Collects data, prepares reports, analyzes statistics and budget reports, and answers correspondence as needed.
13. Serves on organizational committees and attends management meetings as requested.
14. Participates in professional development activities.
15. Adheres to all Mount Sinai Compliance Program Policies and Procedures including all regulatory financial and OSHA requirements. Participates in and contributes to help achieve a total compliance program.
16. Manages assigned projects as directed.
17. Performs other duties as requested.