Mount Sinai Health System is a leader in groundbreaking research, education and compassionate clinical care. When you join Mount Sinai, you become an integral member of a collegial team of health care professionals that pioneer a unique spirit and bring nursing career possibilities to life.
Risk Management & Patient Safety
In this highly visible role you will oversee the organizational development of a “Culture of Safety”, while providing leadership for the organization-wide integrated patient safety program, and managing patient safety/clinical risk management initiatives that impact both clinical and operational processes throughout the Medical Center.
- Leading development efforts and oversight of programs that strengthen a patient safety culture and creates a safe environment for quality patient care
- Ensuring patient safety concepts are integrated into systems, processes, policies and services
- Working with hospital leaders to proactively explore potential system failures and implement improvements
- Reviewing and reducing medical errors and other factors which contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes
- Promoting and supporting the development of department and unit-based safety teams
- Coordinating patient safety-related committees
- Monitoring and responding to the Incident Reporting system and other risk/safety information sources
- Utilizing data related to safety hazards to identify high-risk processes for evaluation and improvement
- Providing proactive and reactive patient safety initiatives, including participation in root cause analysis, future mode effect analysis and Sentinel Event Alerts
- Communicating with all levels of staff within the department and hospital, including outside agencies, to ensure prompt and proper exchange of information and resolution of issues
- Handling other related functions as necessary
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Nursing or other healthcare related field, NYS Licensure in specialty area, and 10 years of clinical risk management experience, with a focus on Patient Safety. Familiarity with Team STEPPS© training, and a background in hospital operations, including experience in a hospital and/or academic medical center will be expected, as will the ability to lead patient safety activities such as patient safety rounds with senior hospital leadership. Superior analytical, leadership, problem-solving, oral/written communication, and decision making skills are all essential. The ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously, and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) required.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration package, along with an opportunity to join our world class organization. For consideration, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans