Mount Sinai Health System is a leader in groundbreaking research, education and compassionate clinical care. It ranks among the nation’s elite for having received the distinction of Magnet status, the gold standard of Nursing Excellence. When you join Mount Sinai, you become an integral member of a collegial team of health care professionals that pioneer a unique spirit and bring nursing career possibilities to life.
The Clinical Nurse will provide clinical Perioperative expertise as well as safe, competent and quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Assessing and evaluating patient needs
- Teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning
- Communicating effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care
- Participating in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities
- Demonstrating responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and the delivery of safe, competent patient care
- Coordinating discharge planning from the day of admission to day of discharge or transfer to alternate care continuum
- Identifying, responding to, and investigating potential and actual risk management issues
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Nursing Program, have a NYS RN License, and have relevant clinical competence in an Operating Room setting; new graduates possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration package, along with an opportunity to join our world class organization. For consideration, please email your resume to: email@example.com
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans