Surgical Svcs Operations Specialist - Main OR - 14-0489
Category: Nursing/Patient Care
Department: 17251 - Main OR
Status: Full time
Schedule: Days, weekends as neededDescription: Reporting to the Director, is responsible for assisting coordination of safe, effective patient care in the operating room, providing guidance and promoting the development of staff. Assures appropriate implementation of policies and procedures, allocates resources (human and material) to the delivery of patient care, assesses the effectiveness of resources and recommends changes to facilitate a positive work environment and collaboration between all members of the health care team. Coordinates the operational needs of the assigned surgical specialty teams to promote attainment of department and hospital strategic goals.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing; required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or active pursuit of degree, preferred.
2. Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Illinois.
3. Two years of experience in an acute care OR setting required.
4. Previous leadership experience preferred.
5. Current CPR certification.
6. CNOR preferred.