PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Psychiatry PPS (3960)
**THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT SHMC ONA MEMBERS FOR THE INITIAL 7 DAYS. INITIAL 7 DAY POSTING CLOSES 08/07/14, AFTER WHICH THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NON-ONA CANDIDATES**
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstandingRN STAFF NURSEto join our Psychiatry Unit at the University District! This is a 20 hr/wk, night shift position.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
Assist the Charge Nurse in providing and coordinating unit activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Major responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing Approved program.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Oregon required by date of hire.
- Proof of current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- One year minimum of continuous inpatient psychiatric experience required within last five years.
- Or:Minimum three years clinical experience in outpatient behavioral health/psychiatry and/or community-based mental health settings, combined with successful completion of Inpatient Behavioral Health education modules, orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire.
Special Skills Required:
- The ability to deal effectively with agitated and potentially violent patients is required.
- Must be able to meet the age specific needs of patients served by the unit.
- Demonstrates a caring, respectful and compassionate attitude towards all people.
- Takes responsibility for personal growth.
- Takes initiative to meet the challenges within the environment.
- Oriented toward solutions through collaboration.
Location:SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $32.35
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || BEHAVIORAL HLTH SVCS