PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Psychiatry PPS (3960)
Per Diem, variable shift RN Inpatient opportunity in Behavioral Health.
This RN position provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 year behavioral health experience is required.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Washington
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- American Heart Association ACLS certification is required within six months of the date of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
Location:St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $29.42
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || BEHAVIORAL HLTH SVCS