PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Recovery Room RB (3150)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity join our Surgical Services team as the RN Nurse Manager!
The Nurse Manager is responsible for leading, coordinating, directing and controlling all activities and personnel for 24-hour nursing operations in the Recovery Room, PACU and Special Procedure Area.
- Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and assistance to their families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; financial well being; regulatory compliance; and patient care.
- Responsible for annual goals and objectives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Responsible for managing staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
- Delegates and coordinates responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Evaluates work performance and conducts annual performance assessments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN or MSN required.
- Minimum of three years of management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership responsibility i.e. in Charge Nurse or supervisory role.
- Demonstrate competence in area of Surgical Services.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse licensure required by date of hire.
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
Location:SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Work Type: Full Time
Salary range starts at: $40.95
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Full Time || SURGICAL SVCS