PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Clinical Decision Unit (2190)
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Assists the healthcare team in maintaining an efficient nursing unit through effective communication, organizational and nursing skills and professionalism. Provides patient care within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in patient’s status to the appropriate care team member.
- Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to:
- Accurate transcription of orders
- Coordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer as applicable to unit
- Coordinates patient registration, scheduling and insurance authorizations as applicable to unit
- Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members
- Monitors, maintains and orders unit supplies.
- Promotes the safety and security of the unit through:
- A working knowledge of fire, biohazard, electrical safety, infection control policies and disaster plan.
- Proper ergonomics
- Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant; demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care (level II) program required.
- Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
- Previous Unit Secretary or related experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers is preferred.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level II required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Good communication and organization skills are required.
- Flexibility, self-motivation and strong customer service skills are required.
Location:SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA; Other Technicians & Technologists; Professionals - Clinical
Shift Length:12 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $14.35
Required Certifications/Licensure: Certified Nurse Assistant 2 - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || CNA/LPN/MA; Other Technicians & Technologists; Professionals - Clinical || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS