PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Patient Care Support Unit RB (2910)
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
Floats throughout the hospital, providing incremental support as needed and/or requested. Works in collaboration with and under the direction of the house supervisor on duty.
This position reports to the Critical Care House Float Nurse Manager.
Major responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Responds primarily to the urgent critical care nursing care needs focusing on critical care areas, of ICU/IMCU, ED and PACU. Must function independently and at the direction of the House Supervisor. General nursing units/care needs will also be supported as able.
- When on scheduled shift as CCHF, is not to be committed to any unit or procedure for longer than two hours without House Supervisor approval.
- Under extenuating circumstances may be assigned primary responsibility for a team of patients on a unit if instructed to do so by the House Supervisor. If this occurs, the team of patients assigned will be decided upon collaboratively by the Critical Care House Float, Charge Nurse and House Supervisor, in the ICU it will be a team of patients that is appropriate for the Critical Care ladder level 1 nurse as defined on the clinical ladder skills worksheet.
- Will maintain skills in critical care areas by being assigned shifts in ICU/IMCU, ED or PACU. Scheduled shifts will be unit specific length shifts. For example, in ICU/IMCU it will be a 12 hr. shift. Shifts will be posted in schedule at the time of posting. Collaboration regarding frequency and maintaining unit competence will be collaboration between Staff member and their manager, not to exceed more than 3 shifts per cycle in ICU unless by collaboration between the nurse and the manager.
The job may have additional responsibilities as assigned. All job duties must be performed in a manner that demonstrates Our Personal Accountabilities, Core Values, Behavioral Expectations, and the Mission & Values of PeaceHealth Oregon Region.
Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing Approved program. BSN or CCRN, CEN preferred.
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Oregon.
BLS and ACLS required at time of hire.
TNCC, PALS certification and successful completion of Sacred Heart Medical Center’s Critical Care Class required and can be completed within six (6) months of hire, if needed. Moderate Sedation certification within 1 month of hire required.
Minimum of 1-year relevant continuous experience working on a critical care unit within an acute care facility required or 3 years of comprehensive medical surgical experience in multiple units including ability to read telemetry.
Special Skills Required:
Demonstrated ability to recognize the need for treatment of life-threatening arrhythmias and the ability to competently provide physician directed treatment.
Demonstrated ability to respond to a deteriorating patient condition and the ability to competently provide treatment, including physician directed treatment.
Demonstrates a caring, respectful and compassionate attitude towards all people.
- Takes responsibility for personal growth.
- Takes initiative to meet the challenges within the environment.
- Oriented toward solutions through collaboration.
- Able to Mentor and educate staff nurses in how to respond to changing patient condition.
Ability to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis, push/pull, bend/twist/stoop, walking/standing/sitting, repetitive motion.
Location: Springfield, OR
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at:$33.00
Required Certifications/Licensure:Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Pediatric Advanced Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS