PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Intensive Care (2000)
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. This position will cover Emergency as well as inpatient unit.
1. Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
2. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
3. May coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers; communicates and prioritizes, and provides for patient privacy, exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times.
4. Works collaboratively and professionally with the physicians and Director in the delivery of patient care and problem solving within the department.
5. Assures continuous patient care including, but not limited to, overseeing the stocking of supplies, medications, and patient care items; staff breaks and lunches; timeliness of patient flow throughout the department and ancillary departments.
6. Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives through gathering of data, staff education and monitoring utilizing the tools recommend by the organization.
7. Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
8. Will be required to perform patient transport functions.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
• BSN preferred.
• Specialty certification preferred.
• Minimum of two years recent experience as a registered nurse in the specialty area and leadership experience is required.
• Demonstrated competency to perform procedures as required.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
• Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
• Able to support and interpret clinic’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
• Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and medical center needs in decision making
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
Location: Sedro-Woolley, WA
Job Category: Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:12 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at:$30.77
Required Certifications/Licensure:Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Sedro-Woolley, WA || Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || CRITICAL CARE SVCS