RN - Emergency Department Job
Date:Aug 8, 2014
Location:Ketchikan, AK, US
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Assists in coordinating activities to assure optimal patient care and maximum use of resources available. The Emergency Staff RN is responsible for the triage, assessment of the patient, both the initial and ongoing, appropriate documentation, analysis/diagnosis, planning, evaluation and coordinating the intervention of care on emergency patients and their discharge. The ER RN also assists with Employee Health and Emergency Preparedness (Disaster). The RN is accountable for his/her own actions, functions autonomously and exercises authority to the extent his/her knowledge skills and role allow within the institution and the State of Alaska Nurse Practice Act.
1. Education: Current RN license in the State of Alaska.
2. Certification: Current BLS required
Current ACLS required
IV skills required
Current PALS required
Current TNCC required
Current CEN preferred
Current ENPC required within two years of hire
Current ABG preferred.
3. Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience and current skills in an Emergency Department setting. The ability to work in an intermittently fast paced, high volume, high-risk environment is required. Computer knowledgeable.
4. Interpersonal: Must have cooperative working skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff. Must be well-organized, flexible and able to function independently. The ability to demonstrate a courteous, caring and understanding attitude toward patients, families, co-workers, visitors, physicians and volunteers is required.
5. Physical: Must have ability to: tolerate long periods of sitting, walking or standing; communicate verbally with individuals in person or on the telephone; read and write text; solve complex problems; respond quickly to department or hospital emergencies. Must also be able to: lift equipment and supplies weighing between 25 and 50 pounds; independently push and pull beds or equipment on wheels weighing up to 500 pounds to other areas of the hospital on occasional basis; independently move, lift and position patients weighing up to 200 pounds and assist others in moving, lifting and positioning patients weighing over 200 pounds (using judgment appropriate to patient's condition regarding need for assistance); bend and stoop frequently; read and interpret applicable diagnostic screens; hear and interpret Doppler and stethoscope sounds; use senses (vision, hearing, smell, touch) to recognize changes in patient's condition; hear codes and patient calls/alarms; perform CPR in emergency situations.
Location: Ketchikan, AK
Posting Notes: Ketchikan, AK || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || EMERGENCY SVCS