At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Education Clinical (8670)
Works in collaboration with other clinical educators and clinical nurse specialists within the region and across the system to develop, coordinate and implement in-service education and staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care. Serves as a leader and role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes. Strives for evidence-based and standardized nursing practice.
1. Acts as a resource to all caregivers regarding nursing practice and use of equipment/ supplies in area of expertise.
2. Assists in the design and implementation of nursing education programs, activities or new process/equipment using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, templates and course documentation forms.
3. Participates on teams and partners on development of standardized cross-regional clinical, nursing or quality guidelines, protocols or training curriculum in area of expertise.
4. Coordinates and provides department-specific orientation for newly hired nursing and clinical staff.
5. Conducts learning needs assessment, facilitates practice and process changes in assigned area of expertise.
6. Evaluates competency and identifies team or individual caregiver performance gaps.
Designs learning experiences and action plans to assist those unable to meet competency.
7. Researches best practice in order to promote evidence-based nursing practice.
8. Maintains professional knowledge of clinical focus area, current research, and effective educational strategies.
9. Assesses caregiver satisfaction, patient quality indicators and evaluates education effectiveness.
10. Assures training and competency are documented using standard tools and systems.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
• Bachelors degree in Nursing or written plan to obtain.
• MSN or similar degree preferred
Position holds responsibility for the provision of education in the Intensive Care and Step-down units at Hospital.
Two years recent experience in an education setting to varied audiences or demonstrated ability to design and implement instructional modules and use a variety of educational methods preferred.
At least five years experience a RN.
Understanding of competency models preferred.
Clinical experience in critical care is required.
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Oregon.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
ACLS certification is required at date of hire.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and a variety of equipment or technology tools.
• Ability to engage learners and apply adult learning techniques.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location: Springfield, OR
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care; Professionals - Clinical
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at:$37.23
Required Certifications/Licensure:Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care; Professionals - Clinical || Part Time || HUMAN RESOURCES