Nurse Practitioner Specialty - Urgent Care Job
Date:Sep 16, 2014
Location:Springfield, OR, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Urgent Care RBP (4151)
Within scope of practice and in alignment with both hospital staff bylaws and PHMGs physician supervision expectations, responsible for advanced level of nursing evaluation, clinical assessment, prescribing and monitoring medications and follow-up care for patient. Responsible for patient and family teaching.
1. Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
2. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
3. Gives directions to nursing and other staff.
4. Prescribes medications and treatments and ongoing medication management. Orders lab and diagnostic tests when appropriate and interprets test results.
5. Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
6. Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals and consultations according to established standards.
7. Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of Accredited School offering an Advanced Degree in Nurse Practice (ARNP) required.
• MSN in related field preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
• Licensed to practice in the state as a Nurse Practitioner
• ANCC certification required. (ACNP; AANP, FNP or GNP)
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• ACLS is preferred in some settings.
• Have national prescriptive drug privileges with a DEA number.
• Current Driver’s License and insurance required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patient, families, nursing staff, and other departments.
• Personal responsibility for ongoing educational growth, and collaborating with others to provide solutions for continued patient quality.
If you are interested in the opoprtunity contract Dorothy Reed at 541-868-3454 email@example.com.
Location:Riverbend Medical Pavilion (418)