CNA - Medical 2 South Job
Date:Jun 19, 2014
Location:Bellingham, WA, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Medical 2nd South (2110)
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
1. Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
2. Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
3. Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
4. Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
5. Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
6. Documents relevant patient care data
7. May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as required by state or facility.
Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || CNA/LPN/MA || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS