|LifeCare Hospitals of Dayton Miamisburg OH|
|General Summary: The Chief Nursing Officer(CNO) develops and maintains nursing service goals, objectives and standards of nursing practice; adheres to staffing plans; and develops Nursing Department policies and procedures. The Director of Nursing is responsible for organizing, developing and directing nursing services and ensuring the deliverance of quality nursing care. The CNO is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.|
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the DON competency checklist.
2. Uses discretion and independent judgment to organize and administer nursing services at the hospital. Maintains and models effective working relationships with medical staff.
3. Provides leadership in developing performance standards for all nursing personnel. Evaluates and counsels all employees on their performance in a professional and timely manner.
4. Remains mindful of financial and fiscal responsibilities at all times. Monitors and controls resource utilization and expenditures to ensure adherence to operating budget.
5. Plans, organizes, and coordinates department functions and activities to achieve objectives and complies with regulatory standards and requirements.
6. Plans the system for delivery of nursing care by utilizing alternative types of nursing, appropriate staffing patterns, scheduling methods, control of safe therapeutic environmental factors, and directs the monitoring of quality patient care 24-hours a day.
7. Assesses and plans for educational and training needs of self and nursing staff. Institutes orientation systems for each skill level, the provision of in-service programming and educational programming. Devises a continuing education system for advancement.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
|Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made.|