At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Radiation Therapy (3950)
Oversees and evaluates coordination of integrated population management across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes. Develops care management programs addressing a wide scope of health care needs and conditions in partnership with physicians, health care professionals and patients. Identifies, coordinates, and case manages a panel of clinically high-risk complex patients and provides oversight for caregivers who manage patients at moderate or low risk.
Hours per pay period:Variable
1. Accountable for development and continuous evaluation and assessment of population management programs, tools and delivery of care coordination services. Collaborates with system and regional leadership to optimize processes and metrics.
2. Risk-stratifies patients according to protocols, assesses patient data, and works within interdisciplinary care team to assess patient’s physical, cognitive, emotional and behavioral status as well as social and financial support systems.
3. Works with patients and families to create and implement a care plan that meets identified needs and incorporates services that improve outcomes. Adjusts care plan to patient activation and risk levels through ongoing monitoring of patient.
4. Delegates and oversees the care management of lower-risk patients as well as routine chronic disease population management tasks to assigned caregivers.
5. Tracks, evaluates, and provides oversight for transitions of care, synchronizing “warm handoffs” between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. Facilitates and ensures the sharing of information across people, functions, and sites.
6. Demonstrates leadership, mentorship and teamwork within dedicated care teams including clinicians, chronic disease care coordinators, medical assistants, pharmacists, social workers and others.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience in an ambulatory or clinic setting.
Utilization management/quality management experience preferred.
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
ACLS may be required within six months of date of hire.
Specialty Certification within two years of hire
Basic knowledge of statistics
Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques. Such proficiency is usually acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing; any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
Demonstrated ability to delegate and supervise the performance of tasks.
Demonstrated ability to provide training, mentorship and development to clinic staff.
Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
Effective prioritization skills
Location: Bellingham, WA
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at:$30.77
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || OTHER ANCILLARY SVCS