Nurse Manager Hospice IPU
- Previous experience required
Position Summary: Manages daily operations of the Hospice Inpatient Unit. Responsible for the delivery of quality inpatient hospice care including: coordination, implementation and evaluation of hospice services as evidenced by positive outcomes. Ensures provision of a safe, clean, and holistic home like environment. Assumes 24-hour accountability for patient care functions and the direction of the patient care team. Provides direct supervision of the hospice interdisciplinary team according to established policy, protocols and procedures. Engages in management functions as are necessary to accomplish the above, including staffing, budgeting, education and quality assessment performance improvement (QAPI) activities. Contributes to the attainment of Agency goals by assisting in the development of the operational plan and budget. Responsible for ensuring agency compliance with local, state, federal, government regulations and Joint Commission standards. Functions as a liaison in the community articulating and reinforcing the Holy Redeemer Hospice story and value of our service. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external customers including: employees, physicians, facilities and community members.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and current State Licensure.
- BSN and/or degree in health related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years hospice experience preferred.
- Current supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing health care environment.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills and positive leadership style.
- Computer literate required.
- Valid driver’s license and current CPR required.
- Able to travel to patient’s homes within service area and throughout all HRHS entities.
- Able to demonstrate professional procedures in the inpatient and home setting.
- Able to use office equipment; i.e. beeper, car phone, desktop and handheld computer.
- Ability to work flexible hours, with holidays and weekends included.