Collaborates with all memebers of the health care delivery team to enhance the provision of quality cost effective patient care services and safety from admission to discharge. Facilitates the safe movement of the patient through the acute phase of their stay while ensuring appropiate utilization of post acute services. Serves as a resource to the hospital for the utilization management issues. Takes the lead in coordinating high quality patient care, appropiate length of stay, excellent resources utilization and ensure reinbursement for services rendered. May coordinate and provide non-complicated discharge planning activities (e.g. DME arrangements, Homehealth care arragements)
1. Registered RN, current Florida License, BSN preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years clinical/hospital experience in a specialty care area.
3. Certification or experience in UR, Case Mangement or Quality Management preferred, or commitment to purse.
4. Knowledge of reimbursement principles, discharge planning process, JCAHO standards and Interqual criteria highly desirable.
5. Advance written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Assertive and diplomatic communication skills. Comfortable with team building, problem resolution and negotation challenges.
6. Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
7. Excellent organizational skills, including effective time management.