As Manager of Clinical Research you will manage, plan,, organize and evaluate staff and activities of clinical research projects, collaborate with a multidisciplinary health care team to provide clinical research activities for patients and Investigators, and oversee research staff and patient care delivery. You will also coordinate and implement research projects with Investigators to assure research projects are carried out as approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Collaborates with Principal Investigator (PI) in planning, preparation of orders and implementation of protocols. Reviews protocols and prepares an evaluation of nursing resource requirements. Assigns nurses to specific protocols.
- Facilitates clinical research studies as approved by the IRB. Provides technical and functional expertise in the area of Research studies. Recommends appropriate implementation plan. Monitors study routine to ensure progress of studies and reports to PI.
- Oversees patient care delivery to maximize safety and comfort. Sets-up educational workshops for patients and families; and provides on-call coverage for patient concerns/complications. Establishes, implements and monitors standards of patient care.
- Manages and evaluates patient's therapeutic needs through physical assessment and interpretation of diagnostic tests in consultation and collaboration with the PI, co-investigators, research nurses and other health care team members.
- Collaborates with PI and acts as a liaison between the FDA and drug companies on related issues. Discusses protocol changes with PI, as necessary.
- Develops and implements clinical educational programs to foster the educational development of clinical research team. Trains research staff and oversees compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with PI in overseeing all phases of grant submission to funding agencies and adherence to clinical trial agreement/study budgets, as required.
- Oversees investigational agent availability and accountability.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates clinical research staff. Evaluates performance and ensures appraisals are completed on a timely manner.
- Ensures accuracy, usefulness and completeness of all hospital-specific and/or department/division manuals and references.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required. Master's Degree, preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- BCLS, ACLS, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in patient care services, including two (2) years of clinical research experience, required.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.