At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Nursing Administration RB (7061)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join PeaceHealth as a Spanish Interpreter!
This is a per diem, variable shift position.
This position is responsible for interpreting or translating information between limited English-speaking patients/family members and medical personnel or others as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the members of the health care team to ensure cultural sensitive communication to the limited English proficient patient.
- Facilitate the flow of communication between parties: interpret in the selected language taking into account factors such as literary level, principal idioms and slang, and cultural and social context; select the appropriate mode of interpretation to build rapport between the provider and patient and avoid adding, omitting or distorting meaning or content of the provider-patient communication.
- Translate written materials to/from providers, caregivers, visitor, etc. for effective care and education of patients with limited English proficiency.
- Practice in accordance with the interpreter Code of Ethics and legal/regulatory requirements related to medical interpretation and translation.
- Maintain interpretation/translation records and logs to provide statistical insight regarding service utilization and effectiveness.
- Assist with general staff training concerning policies, methods, and equipment to fulfill our obligations for effective communication for patients with limited English proficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Medical terminology classes required or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum of six months experience working in a hospital or medical clinic providing interpretation/translation services preferred.
- Experience in translating medical information required.
- Interpreter Training Certification Program from a recognized agency specializing in medical interpreter training preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in selected language with verbal and written skill and cultural understanding
- Ability to multi-task and work under emergency or high stress situations
- Proficient use of computer including MS Office applications and other applicable software
- Excellent customer service skills
Location:SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Administrative; Professionals - Other
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $15.79
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Administrative; Professionals - Other || Per Diem/Relief || HOSPITAL ADMIN