Provides physical comfort measures for patients, performs designated technical tasks, communicates information pertinent to patient comfort and safety, participates in the admission, discharge and transfer process, and documents specified information. Provides all services in accordance with established hospital/departmental policies and procedures.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Certification as Nursing Assistant in the State of Illinois or graduate of an RN program
3. CPR certification
4. One year health care experience preferred
5. Good communication skills
6. Good PC skills for data entry
Essential Physical Job Functions
Ability to carry and lift up to 20 pounds, push/pull up to 30 pounds of force, transfer and position patients in different environments, and ability to climb stairs. Frequent sitting/standing/walking, and able to assume a full squatting position. Able to take and interpret vital signs, respond appropriately during emergency situations, and communicate clearly and effectively with a varied population.