- YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE YEAR RN EXPERIENCE TO APPLY
- Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
- Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care.
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
- Develops patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient.
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/ significant others
- Actively involves patient and family/ significant others in planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others.
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Implements changes in physician's orders in a timely manner.
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered, as patient's needs change.
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
- Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
- Assign tasks appropriately and guides team members based on their skills and abilities.
- Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
- Conducts patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care conferences.
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
- Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
- Participates in patient care Performance Improvement Programs.
- Manages the total care of the chemically dependent patient.
- Manages pain effectively (i.e., PCA, IVP, IM, PO, touch, etc.).
- Manages central lines, including Porta-cath and Hickman, insertion of gripper needle, blood draw and site care.
- Manages patient with potential/actual impairment in skin integrity, demonstrating knowledge of use of skin products, staging and documentation.
- Manages care of patients with chest tube, underwater seal, pleuravac, set-up, daily care and problem solving.
- Manages total care of the patient with AIDS, including physical, psycho-social and spiritual care.
- Identifies and follows through on the needs of the patient/family in a death/dying situation.
- Possesses knowledge of therapeutic application of Pulmonary/Medical nursing regarding common disease entities and complications.
- Minimum Education: Knowledge and education necessary to obtain R.N. license in the state of California and current California R.N. license. Current American Heart Association BLS.
- Minimum Experience: Recent acute care experience preferred.
Job : Med/Surg
Primary Location : CA-Fountain Valley
Hospital/Facility : 024-Fountain Valley Regional Hospital - Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type : PT2Y
Shift Type : Days