The delivery of care to inpatients and out-patients afflicted with acute or chronic non-healing wound (s). The nurse is responsible for identification of wound type, assessment, development, and initiation of plan of care that incorporates the patient and support system.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Demonstrated proficiency in acute care nursing, knowledge and skills.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Current state registration
· Current CPR certification
· Wound Care experience required or nursing experience in excess of two years.
· Prefer certification in wound care such as W.O.C.N.