1. The professional nurse (RN II) in the Recovery Room uses the nursing process to plan, implement, evaluate and document patient care of the patient who is/has undergone anesthesia and/or surgery.
2. The (RN II) considers the patient's physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, language barriers, age, teaching needs, and readiness to learn.
3. The (RN II) uses information obtained through on-going assessment to provide care and education for the patient and family.
4. The (RN II) involves the interdisciplinary team in the plan of care and patient intervention.
5. The (RN II) uses autonomous practice following established routines, techniques, procedures, and protocols for the care of the post-anesthesia patient.
6. The (RN II) independently anticipates professional responsibilities and accepts accountability for professional actions. Also they use critical thinking skills in daily practice.
7. The (RN II) uses effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people at all levels.
8. The (RN II) maintains positive working relationships with patients, families, co-workers, and physicians.
9. The (RN II) participates in departmental Performance Improvement activities and monitoring as requested.
California RN License
Basic EKG Course
Basic Computer Skills
Job : Surgical Services
Primary Location : CA-Indio
Hospital/Facility : 266-John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital - Indio, CA
Job Type : PT2Y
Shift Type : 8 Hour Day