- The Clinical Coordinator is a professional practitioner who assesses, manages, directs and provides nursing care activities in collaboration with the practice manager for the multi disciplinary clinic. She/he is responsible for the daily planning, organization, delegation and completion of patient care and unit activities including direct supervision of staff. The clinical coordinator focuses on the quality and outcomes of care and facilitates the role and responsibilities of the team members.
- Provides feedback and actions taken to resolve immediate issues/needs to Practice Manager. This includes, but not limited to clinical performance and teamwork, supply and environmental issues, system delays, technology failure and other items as indicated.
- Verifies employee time and attendance report daily for department and monitors for accuracy.
- Assists in establishing new employee records, computer codes, etc.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Coordinates and supervises staffing for the designated clinical areas.
- Supports an environment conducive to teamwork and customer service.
- Performs rounds during clinic with patients, staff and attending physicians. Discusses findings with Practice Manager of ongoing issues or significant findings.
- Assists staff with admissions, discharges, transfers and procedures when needed.
- Maintains a patient assignment when indicated.
- Performs comprehensive nursing assessment / reassessment.
- Documents and or communicates nursing care and or changes in patient condition.
- Ensures quality of patient care services.
- Facilitates compliance with regulatory/professional standards, practice guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Assists with monitoring and implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Keeps Peers and Coworkers up to date with critical changes and unit events.
- Completes or assists with eSRM reports.
- Assists and facilitates activities that support achievement of Balance Score Card Indicators
- Develops the skills and knowledge of staff independently and in cooperation with other team members.
- Provides, schedules, and facilitates attendance at in-services, and other educational events.
- Supports orientation, skills check off.
- Provides mentoring to all staff. Advises Practice Manager of staff performance concerns. Assists with investigations.
- Promotes Saint Louis University Hospitals Shared Governance model.
- Follows up on mandatory requirements as requested.
- RN licensure in the State of Missouri required.
- Prior supervisory role preferred.
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience in outpatient setting desired.
- Satisfactory performance appraisals.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism in working relationships and during delivery of care.
- Possesses good problem solving abilities including follow up and reporting.
- Remains calm and is able to handle highly stressful situations.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Energetic and motivated.
Job : Nursing
Primary Location : MO-St. Louis
Hospital/Facility : 102-Saint Louis University Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Days