12th Floor - Medical Intensive Care Unit
The philosophy of the MICU is one of providing realistic care for medically critically ill patients and their families. Our care revolves around the basic concept that disease is a process that involves the patient physically, as well as emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Prefer at least one year RN experience in a hospital setting.
- Graduate Nurses are welcomed at periodic intervals depending on preceptor availability
- Ongoing validated competency as required both generally and within unit parameters as they relate to the patient population needs.
- Ability to provide support to patient, family members and visitors in order to enhance comfort and security.
- Computer skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal/behavioral skills
- Customer service orientation skills in problem solving
- ACLS certification