Provides indirect care in the department setting. Monitors cardiac rhythms via direct cardiac screen or telemetry monitors and reports arrhythmias to Registered Nurse/and Charge nurse; in addition will perform duties of a Unit Secretary. Meets communication needs of the department. Reports to the Registered Nurse in charge.
- Attendance and successful completion of:
- a). Basic EKG course or Telemetry Technician course preferred; advanced EKG preferred.
- b). 2 weeks telemetry observation with experienced personnel.
- One (1) year telemetry technician experience in similar job capacity preferred
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Requires a through knowledge of basic cardiac monitoring functions and rhythms identification.
- Must be able to work rapidly under stressful situations with interruptions.
- BLS (American Heart Association)
Job : Cardio/Coronary/Tele
Primary Location : FL-Hialeah
Hospital/Facility : 329-Palmetto General Hospital - Hialeah, FL
Job Type : PT2Y
Shift Type : Flexible