Provides direct patient care in accordance with professional standards, hospital and unit policies, protocols and procedures. Demonstrates the knowledge, skills, understanding and ability to stabilize and care for patients throughout pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. Collaborates with other health care disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Provides professional nursing care (as defined by the Nurse Practice Act for the State of Texas) within an assigned unit.
- Graduated of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Professional Nurse License issued and/or recognized by Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- American Heart Association BLS and NRP.
- American Heart Association ACLS or must obtain within 90 days of hire
- Minimum of 1 year experience in L&D; electronic fetal monitoring competency; OB medical screening competency.