- Manages the overall operations of assigned Units/Departments on a 24-hour basis.
- Establishes, implements and monitors standards for care for assigned Units/Departments. Assures that each area's quality program is in place and effective in improving the quality of services delivered.
- Works with coordinators and staff to define the appropriate patient care delivery systems and implements necessary changes that will result in the most effective, cost efficient system.
- Effectively utilizes hospital resources via an established position control, reduction of turnover and Registry usage, control of overtime, monitoring and control of productivity and HPPD's (hours per patient day). Identifies problem areas and develops and implements action plans.
- Responds to emergency situations and works towards rapid resolution of Unit problems utilizing solutions that reflect preventative measures to avoid repetitive situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to independently manage department projects and completes on a timely basis. Demonstrates knowledge of the change process through project implementation.
- Negotiates and manages outside contracts within assigned areas.
- Works effectively with coordinators, staff and other departments. Acts as a role model for coordinator, educators and staff.
- Minimum Education: Licensed RN in the state of California. Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Masters degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 3 years management experience at the director level. Clinical knowledge of assigned area. Familiarity with the concepts of adult learning/teaching principles and in implementation of the nursing process. Membership and participation in professional nursing associations is recommended. Demonstrated knowledge in labor relations, education and legislation that affect clinical practice.
Job : Managers and Directors
Primary Location : CA-Fountain Valley
Hospital/Facility : 024-Fountain Valley Regional Hospital - Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type : MGR
Shift Type : Days