Description: Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, supervises and facilitates direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care and oversees, directs, and coordinates hospital activities. Represents Nursing Directors and other managers after normal business hours. Oversees patient care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric. Functions as a resource for clinical practice. Represents nursing and hospital administration to the medical staff, patients, and associates. Identifies, resolves, and provides follow-up on problems involving patients and/or hospital operations. In the absence of Administration, acts as the Incident Commander in Emergency/Disaster situations. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet hospital goals. Supports and enhances quality care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned.
· Graduate of an accredited College of Nursing
· BSN required
· Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
· Knowledge of general nursing theories and practice
· Competent in intravenous therapy
· Current BCLS certification
· Three years of recent hospital experience required; ICU and/or ED experience preferred
· Demonstrated management and teaching ability
· Demonstrates ability to motivate and supervise others
· Demonstrates initiative and independent action when required within the scope of professional nursing practice.
· Exercises sound judgment in evaluating interventions in difficult situations.
· Must have good verbal communication skills.
· Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members.
· Demonstrates competency and leadership under stress and emergency situations.
· Serves as a role model and resource person to personnel.
Job : Nursing
Primary Location : SC-Mount Pleasant
Hospital/Facility : 345-East Cooper Regional Medical Center - Mt. Pleasant, SC
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : 12 Hour Night