- The Trauma Advance Practice Provider reports directly to the Trauma Program Manager and has a collaborative agreements with the trauma surgeons.
- Working with all appropriate members of the health care team ensures coordination of patient care through the development and use of patient care and practice standards.
- Ensures that desired patient outcomes are usually achieved and that variances from established parameters are evaluated and addressed as necessary.
- Performs a wide variety of high-level patient care activities which may include completion of patient assessment and history and physical, development of plan to address physical and psychosocial needs, evaluation of critical path progress and update team as indicated, consult around discharge planning issues, and patient/family teaching.
- The Advanced Practice Provider is accountable for the clinical outcomes of an assigned caseload.
- Performs expert assessments on trauma service patients in an effort to identify actual or potential illness which may impact the course of hospitalization.
- Coordination and implementation of strategies to manage appropriate lengths of stay and resource consumption for trauma patients in multiple settings.
- Demonstrates leadership ability of advanced clinical practice in the hospital and the community.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the clinical care and outcomes of specific patient populations.
- Supports the Hospital philosophy of creating a caring environment and respecting the dignity of others as delineated by Target 100.
- Master’s Degree in Medical/Surgical Nursing for Advance Practice Nurse or Bachelor’s Degree supplemented with 1 year related work experience for Physician Assistant.
- Three yearsin trauma critical care or emergencynursing.
- Current Missouri Registered Nurse and Advance Practice Licensure or current Missouri Physician Assistant Licensure. Preferred TNS, CCRN, CEN, or ATLS.
Job : Nursing
Primary Location : MO-St. Louis
Hospital/Facility : 102-Saint Louis University Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Days