Patient Population Profile:
Adult Surgical Patients: Acute Surgical, ENT, Bariatric, Trauma, Vascular, Urology, Telemetry, Kidney transplants, Liver transplants, Pancreas transplants, Medicine, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Oncology, Orthopedic, Radium Implants, etc.
# Of Beds:51 Total (12 Beds Intermediate Unit, 39 Beds Acute Surgery)
- Specialty Equipment for Bariatric population
- Telemetry monitoring
- Hemodynamic Monitoring Equipment
Diagnostic & Treatment Modalities:
Kidney Biopsies, CVC insertion, Lumbar punctures, Telemetry, Peritoneal Dialysis, Respiratory treatments, Suctioning,, Peritoneal Dialysis, Respiratory treatments, Suctioning,
- Prefer at least one year RN experience in a hospital setting.
- Graduate Nurses are welcomed at periodic intervals depending on preceptor availability
- Ongoing validated competency as required both generally and within unit parameters as they relate to the patient population needs.
- Ability to provide support to patient, family members and visitors in order to enhance comfort and security.
- Computer skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal/behavioral skills
- Customer service orientation skills in problem solving
- ACLS certification