- The responsibility of the Medical Assistant is to aide physician and staff members in performing optimal ambulatory health care to patients, stock and maintain exam rooms and front office; assist with clinical, clerical, and other duties as assigned.
- Greets and escorts patients to exam rooms; prepares for physician/nurse visits by obtaining vital signs/weights; prepares for/assists with exams, tests, and special procedures proactively as directed. Documents findings in medical record. Recognizes changes in patient's condition, takes appropriate medical actions.
- Prepares and organizes module; inspects exam rooms for cleanliness and equipment condition; stocks and maintains rooms and front office with adequate supplies. Empties soiled linen carts. Notifies staff of patient's arrival.
- Checks patient's medical records for pertinent data, reviews and maintains current patient information/demographic data. Prepares patients chart for clinic visits.
- Schedules appointments and tests; sets up referral contacts; reviews all requisitions (lab and x-rays) for completeness.
- Enters orders into the computer accurately. Transcribes orders for tests/procedures/consults onto the TESTS/PROCEDURES section of the profile. Calls departments to order tests, procedures, and consults which cannot be ordered through the computer. Ensures equipment/supplies are available and stored appropriately.
- Maintains proficiency in electronic medical record and all electronic media devices/programs that are used in clinic.
- Schedules tests and works on pre certification for the test.
- Will enter all charges for visit in the clinic and treatments including procedures, medication, dressing changes, and all other billable costs.
- High school or equivalent required. Additional college training preferred.
- Current Missouri Medical Assistant Certification Preferred.
- Operations of various office programs and medical equipment accurately and efficiently Experience with compliance and EMTALA Required.
- Patient record and file maintenance experience (2 years preferred).
- Customer service skills and experience, attention to detail, ability to multitask, knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, ability to work in a fast paced environment, ability to organize / prioritize duties, ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ability to take patient vital statistics.
Job : Nursing
Primary Location : MO-St. Louis
Hospital/Facility : 102-Saint Louis University Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Job Type : PT2Y
Shift Type : 8 Hour Day
Shift begin time : 8:30 AM Shift end time : 5:00 PM