The Unit Based Educator is responsible for: Needs assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of educational experiences for staff utilizing a interdisciplinary approach. Developing and maintaining methods to ensure staff competency consistent with regulatory agency requirements. Facilitating the orientee’s successful integration into the unit based healthcare team. Developing clinical practice skills based upon current trends and research findings. Development, review, and revision of clinical policies, procedures, and standards. Serving as a role model and is recognized for clinical expertise in the hospital and community setting.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of current trends in pediatric nursing.
- Commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customer service
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, and self-direction.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional manner.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement activities.
- Possess education philosophy consistent with principles of adult learning.
- BSN required with MSN preferred
- 2 yrs + pediatric nursing or related specialty experience with demonstrated clinical competence
- PA RN licensure
- American Heart Association CPR/BLS
Job : Med/Surg
Primary Location : PA-Philadelphia
Hospital/Facility : 868- St. Christopher's Hospital for Children - Philadelphia, PA
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : 8 Hour Day