The Neonatal Intensive Care Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who coordinates the delivery of nursing care for the sick and critically ill neonate in the Neonatal Intensive Care unit. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse participates in patient and family teaching, provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Minimum Work Experience
RN experience preferred in Level II or III NICU or PICU
· Demonstrated proficiency in acute-care nursing, knowledge, and skills.
· Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· RN licensure in the State of Texas or compact State required
· CPR Certification required
· NRP within 12 months of employment required