Patient Population Profile:
Adult Surgical Patients: Acute Surgical, ENT, Bariatric, Trauma, Vascular, Urology, Telemetry, Kidney transplants, Liver transplants, Pancreas transplants, Medicine, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Oncology, Orthopedic, Radium Implants, etc.
# Of Beds:51 Total (12 Beds Intermediate Unit, 39 Beds Acute Surgery)
- Specialty Equipment for Bariatric population
- Telemetry monitoring
- Hemodynamic Monitoring Equipment
Diagnostic & Treatment Modalities:
Kidney Biopsies, CVC insertion, Lumbar punctures, Telemetry, Peritoneal Dialysis, Respiratory treatments, Suctioning,
Support/Structure of the Unit:
- Director, Operations Coordinator, Clinical Educator, Patient Care Coordinators, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Administrative Associates, and Nursing Assistants.
- There is a patient/family lounge area with a television and magazines, male/female locker rooms, employee lounge, 2 Case Managers, Social Worker, and Physical Therapy to assist the unit.
12-week structured orientation with preceptor; orientation will consist of observation of an OR procedure, 8 hours with telemetry technician, 8 hours with Administrative Associate, and Seek & Find Maze.
Limited Rotation based on Senority
7am-7:30pm and 7pm-7:30am
Day shift with Rotations or Permanent Night Shifts; all based on unit availability.
- RN License
- GN of accredited nursing program
Certifications after Orientation:
· Trauma Certification
· Bariatric Certification
· Telemetry Certification
· ACLS Certification
· BLS Certification
- Prefer at least one year RN experience in a hospital setting.
- Graduate Nurses are welcomed at periodic intervals depending on preceptor availability
- Ongoing validated competency as required both generally and within unit parameters as they relate to the patient population needs.
- Ability to provide support to patient, family members and visitors in order to enhance comfort and security.
- Computer skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal/behavioral skills
- Customer service orientation skills in problem solving
- ACLS certification