The Patient Educator (Maternal – Child Health Breastfeeding) provides comprehensive health education to the patient and her family through direct and indirect teaching methods and strategies and through collaboration with hospital staff and physicians.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Demonstrated proficiency in acute care nursing, knowledge and skills.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Current state registration or eligibility to do so.
· All RN’s should obtain NRP within 6 months of employment.
· All ante partum RNs will maintain AWHON fetal monitor course, with renewal every two years